Custom Design Your Own Fat Bike
The goal was simple: Design a fat bike that can attack every trail, all year long. The Borealis Telluride is designed and equipped with single-track riding in mind, allowing riders to push the limits with their fat bikes. Its frame geometry is optimized for 3-4" wide tires in both 29" and 27.5" diameter. A slacker head tube angle and longer wheelbase give riders a more controlled and planted ride. Paired with the highest quality components available, the Telluride is up for every trail in every season.
- Visit Borealis Fat Bikes
- Configure your bike
- Let Northtowne Cycling & Fitness help you build yours today.
- This one bike quiver can be set up for all season use, both in snow during the winter and on single-track during the warmer months.
- Standard features include: Eagle NX 12 Speed drivetrain, RaceFace Next R Carbon Crankset, rigid carbon fork, carbon handlebars, dropper post, and 160mm rotors.
- Optimized for both 27.5 and 29 inch wheels and accommodates up to 4 inch wide tires.
- Slacker head tube angle and compatibility for up to 120mm of suspension travel for more controlled descents.
- Longer wheelbase for increased stability and angled top tube for comfortable stand over.
- 83mm bottom bracket reduces the Q-factor down to 189mm.
- Lightweight 6000-series aluminum frame is durable and includes rack mounts. Telluride aesthetics are classic with smooth finish welds and externally routed cables.
- All complete bikes come with two tubes.
|Eagle NX||Eagle GX||Eagle XO||Eagle XX|
|Crankset||RaceFace Next R
|RaceFace Next R
|RaceFace Next R
|RaceFace Next R
|Crank Arms||175mm Carbon||175 Carbon||175mm Carbon||175 Carbon|
|Rear Derailleur||RD ENX 1 x 12||RD EGX 1 x 12||RD EXO 1 x 12||RD EXX 1 x 12|
|Chain||KMC X12||KMC X12||KMC X12||SRAM XX Gold|
|Cassette||PG 1230 11-50||XG 1275 10-50||XG 1295 10-50||XG 1299 10-50 Gold|
|Shifters||SRAM ENX||SRAM EGX||SRAM EXO||SRAM EXX|
|Brakes||SRAM - Select||SRAM - Select||SRAM - Select||SRAM - Select|
|Chain Ring||30 Tooth|
|Frame||Borealis Telluride Alloy|
|Fork||Rigid Carbon Fork Standard|
|Hubs||Borealis: Front 15×150 Rear 12×177|
|Nipples||Wheelsmith Silver Brass|
|Bar||Borealis Carbon Bar 35mm|
|Stem||Borealis 50mm or 70mm|
|Post||Dropper Post Standard (125mm or 150mm)|
|Grips||Ergon GA30 or Ergon GP 10L|
|DT/CS Protector||Lizard Skins|
|Weight||See weight calculator for exact weight.|
Based on our research, riders at the heights below will usually take the corresponding frame size. If you’re at a transitional height that spans two sizes, look at the geometry chart to get the Stack and Reach you like based on other bikes you are comfortable.
Borealis offers four frame designs with unique fit and geometry to suit your every Fat Bike need. Begin by taking a rough size approximation on the chart below that is based on height, then select the corresponding bike with your fit needs by using the geometry chart further below. We recommend a similar fit to you mountain bike, so grab a measuring tape and dial it in.
|EFFECTIVE TOP TUBE||23.02 in||24.02 in||24.8 in||25.59 in||585 mm||610 mm||630 mm||650 mm|
|SEAT TUBE CENTER TO TOP||15 in||17.01 in||19.06 in||21.02 in||381 mm||432 mm||484 mm||534 mm|
|HEAD TUBE||4.13 in||4.72 in||5.31 in||5.91 in||105 mm||120 mm||135 mm||150 mm|
|SEAT TUBE ANGLE||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg|
|HEAD TUBE ANGLE||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg|
|STANDOVER HEIGHT||Due to various rim and tire options stand over is not identified.|
|CHAINSTAY||17.91 in||17.91 in||17.91 in||17.91 in||455 mm||455 mm||455 mm||455 mm|
|BB DROP||2.36 in||2.36 in||2.36 in||2.36 in||60 mm||60 mm||60 mm||60 mm|
|REACH||16.04 in||16.65 in||17.22 in||17.76 in||407.3 mm||423 mm||437.5 mm||451.2 mm|
|STACK||23.50 in||24.05 in||24.61 in||25.16 in||597 mm||610.9 mm||625 mm||639.1 mm|
Getting FAT | A Fat Biking Story
6 years ago, Dave Ochs, John Norton, and Steve Kaczmarek helped found the Borealis Fatbike World Championships. Today, it's in its 5th year with over 750 riders having participated in the elite division and over 1,400 competitors in all of the various races during worlds. This is that story.