Service Department Repair Turn-Around Times - As of 06/17/20, our current service turn-around times are (approximately) as follows:
Flat Tire/Tube Repairs: 3 Days or Less
Tune-Ups and Service Work: 4 Weeks or Less
We apologize for any inconvenience and are working diligently to reduce that time and get you rolling as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding – Derek & Northtowne Team
When possible, please make dropoff's and pickups between 10am-3pm to avoid the end of day surge.
Thank you for your patience - Eric, Service Manager
Through this uncertain period of time we will continue to service your bicycles in a safe, respectful and responsible manner. This means taking extra precautions in our check-in, service, payment and pick-up processes. Although we are "people people", our goal is to reduce or eliminate face-to-face contact whenever possible for your safety and ours. Here are some guidelines:
- Please note that our showroom is open as of June 16, but that we need to limit our direct interactions with patrons in order to keep up with high demand. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience as we work through this challenging time.
- You do not need to call ahead or have an appointment to drop off your bike for service, or to pick it up after we've called to inform you that your repairs have been completed.
- If possible, please tag your bike with your contact information before coming to the store. If you're already here, you can use supplies we have at the check-in area. Please include name, address, phone, email and any known issues or desired services.
- When dropping your repair off, please unload your bike and park it in the outdoor bike parking rack under the blue tent. If you have not already done so, tag it with your contact information and any known issues or concerns using the supplies we have here. We will take your bike inside and call you same or next day to discuss your repair and authorize the work. If you require help to safely load or unload, please let us know.
- We'll make every attempt to complete repairs in a timely manner while maintaining safety for all of us. Our goal is to continue keeping you rolling as best possible, even with our reduced capacity. Please see above for current wait times.
- We have a large inventory of parts and accessories, but please keep in mind that due to affected areas in our supply chain, some parts may take extra time to arrive. While discussing the estimate, we can go over any expected delays and alternatives.
- When your repair is completed, we will call you and request payment over the phone. This will streamline the pickup process, eliminate physical contact and avoid having to touch credit cards and terminals, etc.
- If we cannot reach you when calling with your 'repair completed' notification, we will ask for a call back to receive payment over the phone before pickup.
- When you arrive at the store to pick up your completed repair, please call 319-393-6557. We'll bring your bike to your vehicle or the pickup/dropff rack as you request. If you require help to safely load or unload, please let us know.
Along with these steps in our service process, we are taking other action to prevent any contamination.
- Working at a safe distance whenever possible.
- Wearing gloves as appropriate.
- Frequently disinfecting surfaces.
- Disinfecting bicycles as appropriate.
Your safety is our main concern. We want you to be able to ride your bicycle in these times. Please be patient with us as we evolve, learn and improve our new procedures. Any questions please call us at the store 319-393-6557.
Thank you – Eric Feldkamp, Service Manager