Through this uncertain period of time we would like to be able to service your bicycles in a safe, respectful and responsible manner. This means taking some extra precautions in our bike check-in, servicing, payment and pick-up processes. Our goal is to reduce face-to-face contact during interactions for your safety and ours. We are taking the following actions while servicing your bike at Northtowne:
- You do not need to call ahead or have an appointment to drop off your bike for service, or to pick it up after we've called to inform you that your repairs have been completed .
- If you have a bike to drop off, please park it in the outdoor bike parking rack under the tent. We’ll greet you, then take your bike inside and ask you to call 319-393-6557 to discuss your repair and authorize the work. Unfortunately, we’re unable to help with loading and unloading, so bring along some help.
- Repair work will continue to be turned in a timely manner. Our goal is to continue with our "as needed" approach to get you on the road as quickly as possible. While we cannot allow you to wait in the store, many small services can be performed quickly for same or next day pickup.
- We have a large inventory of parts and accessories, but please keep in mind that due to affected areas in our supply chain, some parts may take a few extra days to arrive. While discussing the estimate, we can go over any expected delays and alternatives.
- When your repair is completed, we will call you and request payment over the phone. This will streamline the pickup process, eliminate physical contact and avoid having to touch credit cards and terminals, etc.
- If we cannot reach you when calling with your 'repair completed' notification, we will ask for a call back to receive payment over the phone before pickup.
- When you arrive at the store to pick up your completed repair, you may call 319-393-6557 OR check-in at the pickup/dropoff tent or 'Service' entrance. We'll sanitize your bike and place it in the pickup/dropff rack under the tent and you can take it from there. Unfortunately, we’re unable to help with loading and unloading, so bring along some help.
Along with these steps in our service process, we are taking other action to prevent any contamination.
- New nitrile gloves are used any time a new bicycle is touched.
- Work surfaces are disinfected multiple times a day.
- When applicable, bicycles are disinfected.
- Technicians are spaced appropriately, keeping a safe distance per CDC recommendations.
Your safety is our main concern. We want you to be able to ride your bicycle in these times. Please be patient with us as we evolve, learn and improve our new procedures. Any questions please call us at the store 319-393-6557.
Thank you – Eric Feldkamp, Service Manager