Service Department Repair Turn-Around Times - Our current service turn-around times are:
Flat Tire/Tube Repairs: 24 Hours or Less
Tune-Ups and Service Work: 1 Week or Less
We apologize for any delays and are working diligently to get you rolling as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding – Derek & Northtowne Team
When possible, please make dropoff's and pickups between 10am-4pm to avoid the end of day surge.
Thank you for your patience - Eric, Service Manager
Through this uncertain period of time we will continue to service your bicycles in a safe, respectful and responsible manner. This means taking extra precautions in our check-in, service, payment and pick-up processes. Although we are "people people", our goal is to reduce or eliminate face-to-face contact whenever possible for your safety and ours. Here are some guidelines:
- Our showroom is open, but we need to limit our Technician's direct interactions with patrons in order to keep up with high demand. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience as we work through this challenging time.
- You do not need to call ahead or have an appointment to drop off your bike for service, or to pick it up after we've called to inform you that your repairs have been completed.
- When dropping your repair off, let us know if you need help to safely unload or simply bring your bike in to the Service counter. If possible, we will evaluate your bike and write an estimate to discuss with you at dropoff, then obtain your authorization for repair.
- We'll make every attempt to complete repairs in a timely manner while maintaining safety for all of us. Our goal is to continue keeping you rolling as best possible. Please see above for current wait times.
- We have a large inventory of parts and accessories, but please keep in mind that due to affected areas in our supply chain, some parts may take extra time to arrive. While discussing the estimate, we can go over any expected delays and alternatives.
- When your repair is completed, we will call you and you may come pick up your bike at your convenience. We assk that you pick up your bike within one week of completion if possible.
Along with these steps in our service process, we are taking other action to prevent any contamination.
- Working at a safe distance whenever possible.
- Wearing gloves as appropriate.
- Frequently disinfecting surfaces.
- Disinfecting bicycles as appropriate.
Your safety is our main concern. We want you to be able to ride your bicycle in these times. Please be patient with us as we evolve, learn and improve our new procedures. Any questions please call us at the store 319-393-6557.
Thank you – Eric Feldkamp, Service Manager