Service Department Repair Turn-Around Times - As of 05/24/20, our current service turn-around times are (approximately) as follows:
Tune-Ups: About 7-10 days.
Small/Medium Adjustments: 3-4 days, quicker when possible.
Flat Tires: As quickly as possible, same or next day as resources allow.
When possible, please make dropoff's and pickups between 10am-4pm to avoid the end of day surge.
Thank you for your patience - Eric, Service Manager
Through this uncertain period of time we will continue to service your bicycles in a safe, respectful and responsible manner. This means taking extra precautions in our check-in, service, payment and pick-up processes. Although we are "people people", our goal is to reduce or eliminate face-to-face contact whenever possible for your safety and ours. Here are some guidelines:
- You do not need to call ahead or have an appointment to drop off your bike for service, or to pick it up after we've called to inform you that your repairs have been completed.
- If possible, please tag your bike with your contact information before coming to the store. If you're already here, you can use supplies we have at the check-in area. Please include name, address, phone, email and any known issues or desired services.
- When dropping off, please unload your bike and park it in the outdoor bike parking rack under the black/green tent. If you have not already done so, tag it with your contact information using the supplies we have here. When available, we will take your bike inside and call you same or next day to discuss your repair and authorize the work. If you require help to safely load or unload, please let us know.
- We'll make every attempt to complete repairs in a timely manner while maintaining safety for all of us. Our goal is to continue keeping you rolling as best possible, even with our reduced capacity. Please see above for current wait times.
- We have a large inventory of parts and accessories, but please keep in mind that due to affected areas in our supply chain, some parts may take a few extra days to arrive. While discussing the estimate, we can go over any expected delays and alternatives.
- When your repair is completed, we will call you and request payment over the phone. This will streamline the pickup process, eliminate physical contact and avoid having to touch credit cards and terminals, etc.
- If we cannot reach you when calling with your 'repair completed' notification, we will ask for a call back to receive payment over the phone before pickup.
- When you arrive at the store to pick up your completed repair, please call 319-393-6557. We'll bring your bike to your vehicle or the pickup/dropff rack as you request. If you require help to safely load or unload, please let us know.
Along with these steps in our service process, we are taking other action to prevent any contamination.
- Working in protective masks.
- Nitrile gloves are used and changed or cleaned before servicing each bike.
- Work surfaces are disinfected.
- When applicable, bicycles are disinfected.
- Technicians are spaced appropriately, keeping a safe distance per CDC recommendations.
Your safety is our main concern. We want you to be able to ride your bicycle in these times. Please be patient with us as we evolve, learn and improve our new procedures. Any questions please call us at the store 319-393-6557.
Thank you – Eric Feldkamp, Service Manager